The shutters you choose depend on the size, style and shape of each individual window, as well as the rooms in which they are located.
When it comes to choosing the perfect shutters for your home or commercial space, there are many factors to consider. The beauty of our shutters is that you don’t have to choose a style and keep it throughout the property: you can install custom blinds for each room and even for each window, either with a different finish in each one or making them look identical. Suppose you have a large open-plan kitchen-dining room, for example, you could install a waterproof PVC shutter in the window closest to the cooking space (since PVC is resistant to moisture-related deformation) and blinds of wood with identical finishes in the rest of the kitchen. Your custom shutters can be adapted to individual windows throughout your property.
- The size of the window you are wearing is key to choosing the right shutters.
- Not only in terms of adjustment (your window will be measured to ensure a perfect fit), but also in terms of port size.
- Large windows adapt to wider grilles, while small windows adapt to smaller grilles.
Window shape and design
- The blinds of your plantation can be adapted to the shape and design of your window so that they look beautifully balanced.
- If your window has a particularly strange shape, then you would like to choose full height blinds with narrow slats.
- Interior blinds should reflect the design of your window; therefore, if you have a bay window with three glazing panels, the blinds must also have three shutter panels to maintain symmetry and balance.
What room are the shutters for?
Perhaps the most important factor to consider when choosing your shutters is what function you need them to perform within a specific room. Here are some common examples.
Bedroom: many owners choose blackout shutters for bedrooms and nurseries, as they foster a quiet sleeping environment without intrusions of light.
Movie theatre: Like bedroom shutters, movie theatres are usually equipped with blackout shutters, since they avoid any light reflection on the screen.
Kitchen: full-height wooden shutters are popular for kitchens since they let in a lot of natural light. Many owners choose waterproof shutters for the cooking area.
Bathroom: it is sensible to opt for waterproof shutters in the bathroom since uPVC will not be deformed by moisture. For more privacy, you can choose full height shutters.
info: full-height and brown-style shutters are popular for home offices, as they guarantee privacy while creating a bright space. If you find that your computer screen is affected by the glare of the sun, you can rectify this with full height blinds.
North London blinds and blinds can help you choose beautiful shutters that fit every room in your home or commercial space, taking into account your unique style, budget and requirements. Contact us today to book an appointment and receive a free and no-obligation quote.